Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Haircare review: Catwalk by TIGI Oatmeal & Honey shampoo/ conditioner

 For Christmas i received this set of shampoo and conditioner from Catwalk by TIGI, I've previously used some products from the Bed Head range but this is the first time items from the Catwalk line have entered my bathroom cupboard.

After a little bit of research it seems these products have been reformulated, and re-released with a packaging change along the way. The old bottles were clear, blue plastic with a pump to dispense the product, but i think this redesign is a huge improvement and makes the product appear more sophisticated and inkeeping with other salon brands.

Anyway onto the actual products. I think to fully know how you feel about any product you have to give it a fair amount of use before making a decision, so after a few weeks of washing my hair with this ... it's a thumbs up from me! Firstly it smells AMAZING!! These are in no way fruity smelling haircare products, but i love that about them as i'm not a fan of sickly sweet smells, they give me a bit of a headache. The way i would describe them is smelling natural and luxurious, you know when you smell a Laura Mercier body cream and you know you are going to smell super rich and creamy after application? That's how i feel about these little babies.


And when it comes to applying them onto your hair they don't disappoint. I don't suffer from dry hair, but my hair is coloured so i like to treat it to moisturising products as a little thankyou for putting up with my colouring routine! A little goes a long way with these as they are so creamy, so even though my hair is thick i've got a lot of applications from the bottles which is always a bonus.






















I think the real test with shampoo and conditioner comes after your hair has been dried and styled. Does it still feel soft, and does it hold the scent? There's nothing worse than your hair smelling great and being silky smooth straight out of the shower, and then resorting back to its unruly ways after all your styling efforts. But i have found these products do there job well, and keep my hair smooth, conditioned and smelling great even after it's been tackled with the hairdryer and straighteners.

My pet peeve of using products alongside each other is one running out before the other, even though i tend to use the same amount of shampoo and conditioner per wash, i'm always left with uneven amounts. Does anyone else have that problem?




No comments:

Post a Comment