Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Mini beauty haul

As i said at the end of my previous clothes haul post, i also picked up a few beauty pieces, so i thought i'd share them with you here!

Clockwise from top right: Soap & Glory Puffy Eye Attack, Body shop Vitamin E overnight serum-in-oil,  Body shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream, Dr Bronner's Magic Soap

Soap & Glory Puff Eye Attack- An eye-cream had been on my list of things to buy for a while and this one from Soap & Glory is the one that made the cut. I'm using the Origins Gin-Zing eye product also, but as it leaves a shimmer effect on the skin and is supposed to brighten the eyes, it's not a product i wanted to use at night. The Puff Eye Attack claims to help dark circles, and puffy-ness- something i'm not going to turn my nose up to! The product is a gel-like formula which can be used day and night and so far i'm getting on well with it, but time will tell if it really does what it says on the box.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-oil- Firstly, oh my god what a mouth full, certainly not the most concise name! I've been wanting to try a face oil for quite some time but have been dubious about doing so, something about putting oil on my face makes me a bit nervous, i have visions of horrible breakouts and super slick skin! But i bit the bullet and decided to give it a go. I came across this in The Body Shop on the day of its release and thought it would be a good product to ease me into the world of face oils, without paying the high end prices of the famous Kiehl's and Estee Lauder leading face oils. A couple of drops of this sink into my skin nicely, without leaving the oily residue i was worried about and in the morning my skin does feel super soft and replenished.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream- This product came with the face oil as an introductory offer, i'm not sure how much use i'll get out of this as i'm happy with my current Origins moisturisers, but i'm not one to turn down a freebie! I have only tried it once on a no makeup day and although it felt very moisturising i won't be opting to use it over my favourites- but it will remain as a back-up in my product stash.

Dr Bronner's Magic Soap- Ok this was a total impulse buy as i'd read a lot about these soaps and was pretty intrigued by them, i went for the scent eucalyptus as i think it smells very natural- almost like tea tree. I've no idea what i'm going to use this for as quite frankly the insane list of things you can use this product for overwhelms, AND slightly concerns me. Putting it on my face, body and hair i can accept, but brushing teeth, washing dishes, pest control (what?!) and window cleaning leave me a little confused. The soap is fair trade and is made from organic oils but i'm yet to decide what i'm brave enough to use it for- maybe it can be my make-up brush cleaner?!

No comments:

Post a Comment