Pages

Thursday 20 March 2014

Pre- birthday celebrations in London

So i appear to have abandoned the blog for a few days now, shame on me i know, but i do have a reason as to why i've been MIA. I went to London for a long weekend to visit some uni friends, a trip that was long overdue, and also tagged on a couple of extra days to stay with my Dad. It's my birthday tomorrow, i'm still trying to come to terms with the fact i'm turning 22- where are the years going?! So this trip was like a pre- birthday celebration.

I am very disappointed in myself that i haven't come home with many pictures but that has to be a sign of a good trip right? There's not much time for snapping away when you're having a good time.

On Friday night i met my friend from work and we headed for a drink or two at a bar in Hoxton, the London nightlife is one of the things i miss the most about the city, I love that there's always so much activity and bustling atmosphere wherever you go. The night ended with a late night dominoes and chill out session back at my friends flat- a great way to end a day of travelling.

Saturday evening saw us head into central London to meet a couple more friends for dinner and after much deliberation we had made a reservation at Cocochan, which turned out to serve the most delicious food. Our table was soon full of an array of Asian dishes including from Dim Sum, Thai green curry, spring rolls, duck salad, edamame, jasmine rice, chilli and lime chicken and of course cocktails and wine. Oh god i'm getting so hungry just writing about it. After dinner we headed to Carnaby Street for gin and tonics... and more wine.


I was also treated to some birthday cupcakes handmade by my friend which were super tasty, that tasty infact i asked for the recipe so i can attempt to make my own.


So all in all i had a lovely few days away, it's always so nice to be reunited with close friends as we all live in different places now. One of the girls brought along her snazzy Fuji polaroid camera and captured some cute photos although sadly she isn't in the one below as she was playing photographer!


No comments:

Post a Comment